PLAN YOUR VISIT
Due to the nature of the performing arts, all dates, programs and artists are subject to change without notice. The views and opinions expressed by the artists may not necessarily be shared by the Norton Center for the Arts or Centre College. Tickets are released only when full payment is received. Refunds and exchanges are given only in the case of event cancellation. Handling fees are not refundable.
If you cannot attend a performance, you may give your tickets to family, friends or coworkers. Tickets can also be accepted as a donation to the Norton Center. In such cases, tickets must be returned no later than one hour prior to the performance to receive a statement for tax-deduction purposes.
Getting to Danville is easy, and parking on campus is convenient, either using the ample street parking or taking advantage of the Norton Center’s valet or paid real lot parking services. For many performances, parking attendants will be at the circular drive in front of the Norton Center to take your vehicle. Just pull up and we’ll do the rest for you. The cost is only $8.00 (cash only please). Locate the Norton Center at Centre College using this campus map.
The Norton Center is accessible to persons with disabilities, assuring a pleasurable performance experience for all.
Accessible Seating: Wheelchair seating for persons with disabilities and a companion are available for all shows on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to mention your interest in wheelchair-accessible seating or other accommodations when placing your ticket order. Courtesy wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are for on-property use for patron transfer only.
Deaf or Hard of Hearing: The Norton Center is happy to provide sign interpreters for public events upon request. Requests must be made in writing to the Norton Center Box Office via snail mail or email at least 20 business days in advance in order for the theatre to provide this service. Proof of purchase for the select performance must be provided.
Visually Impaired: Large print programs may also be provided to patrons by request. Requests must be made in writing to the Norton Center Box Office via snail mail or email at least 20 business days in advance in order for the theatre to provide this service. Proof of purchase for the select performance must be provided.
Lobby doors open approximately sixty minutes prior to the announced performance time. Theatre doors open approximately thirty minutes prior to curtain. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management and may not necessarily be in the originally assigned seat.
Children are welcome at events. Regardless of age, all children must have their own tickets and sit in their own seats. Out of respect to other ticket holders, the Norton Center reserves the right to have parents remove disruptive children upon immediate request.
CONCERT COURTESIES & ETIQUETTE
Part of enjoying a live performance is enjoying it with other people. Adhering to the following will help maximize your experience, and the experience of others:
- Remember to turn off or silence electronic devices – including cell phones, pagers, smart phones, games and computers.
- Please refrain from texting, tweeting and emailing during performances, as the glow from your device is disruptive to others.
- Due to the acoustics of our theatres, audience members should be aware that all sounds and noises – including coughing, whispering, dropping programs, and singing along – can be heard on stage and throughout the theatre just as well as is the music from the stage. If you can hear it, so can others.
- If you are not sure when to clap (especially during movements of a classical music concert), please pause and follow the lead of others.
- A quick departure is noticed by everyone in the audience, especially by performers on stage. Please refrain from leaving the theatre mid-way through a performance unless it is an emergency.
- Please be advised that video or recording equipment, and flash photography, is not allowed during the performance. Any person found in possession of such equipment will be excluded from the venue and all film and tape will be confiscated.
- Weapons (concealed or open) are not permitted on the campus of Centre College or any of its properties, including the Norton Center for the Arts.