Backstage at the Norton Center with Charles Ross of One Man Star Wars
1. VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW THAT I… love to garden.
2. WHEN I’M NOT ON TOUR I… love to be at home.
3. WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT MY ART IS… it isn’t really “art.”
4. A LIFE LESSON I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH CENTRE COLLEGE STUDENTS IS: learn while you can, make mistakes now because out there in the world, there is little room for mistakes.
5. I DEFINE ART AS: a creation that reveals to me part of myself I’d never known – and I recognize the truth of it.
6. MY MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT IN SHOW BUSINESS THUS FAR WAS: when Ian McKellen came to see my show and stuck around afterwards to chat.
7. THE PERSON WHO MOST INFLUENCED ME IS: not an actor.
8. IF I COULD BE ON STAGE WITH ANYONE, PAST OR PRESENT, ALIVE OR DECEASED, FICTIONAL OR REAL, IT WOULD BE… because I had been granted three wishes, and I’d not be able to choose.
9. WHILE TOURING, ONE OF MY GUILTY PLEASURES IS: sampling local beers.
10. IF I COULD ENSURE THAT THE AUDIENCE TAKES HOME ONE THING AFTER MY PERFORMANCE, IT WOULD BE: a long lasting glow of happiness.
More about the artist:
Best known as the mastermind behind the infamous “One Man Star Wars Trilogy” and “One Man Lord of the Rings”, Charles Ross is a Canadian actor whose talents have become recognized around the globe. Since first performing his “One Man Star Wars Trilogy” in Toronto, Ontario in January of 2001, Ross has brought countless audiences, both large and small, to their feet with his surprisingly unique shows.
Word of Ross’s one of a kind talent has spread like wildfire with recent appearances on Craig Ferguson, The Today Show, and Late Night with Conan O’Brien. His off-Broadway debut in August 2005 was a smashing success with critics raving about the incredible intensity that Charles brings to his work. To mark the release of Star Wars: Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith, Charles was honored to perform at Lucasfilm’s official movie release convention, Celebration 3. Even the likes of Vin Diesel and Sir Ian McKellan have taken in his performances with rave reviews.
No matter the engagement, be it a rowdy night out with friends, a matinee with the family or a Sci-Fi conventions for the very dedicated, Charles Ross has entertained the masses with his high-energy and side-splitting romp through Middle Earth or a galaxy far, far away. Friend and director, TJ Dawe, has been there to help make these shows a reality. A Vancouver-based writer and performer, TJ Dawe has toured the Fringe festival circuits numerous times ad toured extensively throughout North America and Australia. He received a Jessie Richardson Award for Best New Play or Musical in 1998 for Tired Clichés. In 2001, Dawe received the “Just For Laughs” Comedy Award for The Slipknot. Dawe was also the winner of the “Best Male Performer” award at the 2002 Orlando International Fringe Festival. Ross and Dawe continue to collaborate – they’d be crazy not to.
Charles Ross’ One Man Star Wars will be performed in Club Weisiger at the Norton Center on Friday, March 8. All tickets are $30, seating is limited. For more information visit NortonCenter.com.